WESSEL-WERK EBK 340 ZAS102
When using an electric appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
WARNING Please read and save this Instruction Manual.
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces
• Do not leave nozzle plugged in. Turn off the switch, place handle in up position and unplug the electric cord when not in use and before servicing. If the nozzle is not working as it should, return it to the place of purchase.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If nozzle is not working as it
should because it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped
into water, return it to a service center before using.
Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on
cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run vacuum
cleaner over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
• Turn off all controls before unplugging Powerhead.
• Do not unplug by pulling cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle plug or Powerhead with wet hands.
Do not put any object into vacuum intake openings. Do not use with any
opening blocked. Keep vacuum intake openings free of dust, lint, hair or
anything that may reduce airflow.
• This nozzle creates suction and contains a revolving brush roll. Keep
hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings
and moving parts.
• Do not place
motorized nozzle on furniture or stairs as the brush roll may cause
damage. Place nozzle on floor with the handle in storage position while
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• Belt pulleys can become hot during normal use. To prevent burns, avoid touching the belt pulley when servicing the drive belt.
• Use extra care with cleaning on stairs.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas when they may be present.
• Store your nozzle indoors in a cool, dry area.
• Keep your work area well lighted.
• Unplug electrical appliances before vacuuming them.
[A] Attaching the Wessel Werk™ EBK 340 Electric Powerhead
To attach the locking wands with cord management (ZAS044), simply twist the wand back and forth into EBK 340 neck until button lock snaps into place (See Figure 1).
The button locking mechanism will prevent the wand from coming loose from your Powerhead while in use. Attach the direct connect cord to the top of the wands (See Figure 2).
The wand can be locked in an upright position by pushing it forward until the lock is engaged. This locked position is convenient for storage and for lifting of the Powerhead. To release wand from the vertical locked position, gently place foot on Powerhead (See Figure 3), grasp wand and pull back. Now the nozzle is in operating position.
[B] Operating Instructions
The power nozzle will automatically start when the release pedal is pressed and is put in the working position (See Figure 3).
|•||To achieve best results when cleaning carpet, slowly pass the Powerhead back and forth over the area to be cleaned.|
|•||To clean hard surfaces simply move the power nozzle over the area to be cleaned with the vacuum (suction) ON and the power nozzle OFF.|
|•||It is best to avoid cleaning carpet fringes. When it is unavoidable, place the power nozzle over the carpet and pull it toward you over the fringe.|
[C] Indicator Light
The Green light indicates that the nozzle is ON and operating normally. (See Figure 4).
The Red warning lamp (See Figure 4) will light if the brush rotation is restricted. This can occur if an object causes brush speed reduction, thus overloading the drive motor.
If this occurs:
Turn OFF the vacuum cleaner and disconnect the power supply cord. Remove the object that is preventing the Brush Roll from rotating. Press the red reset button. (See Figure 5). Reconnect nozzle.
[C] Cleaning Brush Roll
For best cleaning performance, regular Brush Roll maintanence is highly recommended. It may happen that your agitator brush becomes blocked or less effective. This may be caused by excessive hairs and fiber wrapped around the brush roller. Always unplug the nozzle from the power supply first!
Insert the points of a pair of scissors under the hair / fiber wrapped around the brush roller. (See Figure 6) Move the scissors to catch the threads and hairs in the scissors. Cut the threads of hairs and remove them manually or using a small sized pair of pliers. Also, make sure that all hair and fibers are removed from Brush Roll ends that could be interfering with Brush Roll rotation and causing excessive heat.
If your nozzle ceases to pick up debris, check for an obstruction in the intake and/or neck of the Powerhead. This can be caused when the Powerhead is used without suction or excessively large or long debris, like paper, a tooth pick or a sock, is lodged in the intake and / or neck area of the nozzle. First confirm that the main Power Unit is operating and you have suction at the end of the hose.
To clear an obstruction, turn off all power supply to the Powerhead. Remove the Extension Wand from the nozzle by depressing the button on the Powerhead neck and pulling the Extension Wand apart. (See Figure 1) Look into the neck and remove any visible debris. Look into the intake area if the nozzle and remove any visible debris (See Figure. 8).
|Item||Part Description||Part No.|
|1||Cord - Coiled||10.1 163-300|
|NA||Strain Relief with Screws||10.9 011-307|
|2||Cover - No Light - Black||10.9 011-336|
|3||Circuit Board 120v 250w||10.9 011-314|
|4||Brush Roll Complete||10.9 011-323|
|5||Ballast 120v||19.1 005-300|
|6||Base Complete||10.9 011-300|
|7||Standard Neck with Button Hole||10.9 011-316|
|9||Belt Cogged||19.1 016-300|
|11||Motor Cover - No Light||10.9 011-304|
|12||Micro Switch||10.4 015-300|
|13||Wheel - Rear with Axle||10.9 011-308|
|14||Wheel - Front with Axle||10.9 011-309|
|NA||Motor Hardware||10.9 011-310|
|15||Motor 120v 250w||10.9 011-319|
|NA||Long Screw||9.2 720-04|