Electrical Powerbrush Household Type
ASSEMBLY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTION MANUAL
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Your Powerbrush combines power cleaning with ease of maintenance and represents the very best in design and manufacturing. However, with any powerful appliance, caution must be exercised while using this Powerbrush. You will find safety precautions and maintenance instructions outlined in this manual useful. When using an electrical appliance, the following basic precautions should always be followed:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS POWERBRUSH.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, possible personal injury, or damage to the product, the following precautions should be followed.
1. Keep loose clothing, hair, fingers and other parts of body away from openings and moving parts (brush roller) when the Powerbrush is connected to an electric outlet.
2. Turn off all controls before unplugging.
3. Disconnect the Powerbrush from the electrical outlet prior to any servicing.
4. Do not handle the Powerbrush, its electrical cord, or plug with wet hands.
5. Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If the appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped in water, return it to an authorized service center for service / repair.
6. Do not use the Power brush in areas where flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline are present.
7. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when by or near children.
8. Electric shock could occur if the Powerbrush is used outdoors or on wet surfaces.
9. Always turn off the Powerbrush before connecting and disconnecting the hose.
10. If a current carrying hose is used in conjunction with the Powerbrush, ensure the hose is not damaged, cut, or punctured. Avoid picking up sharp objects.
11. Do not pull or carry by the cord, use the cord as a handle, close a door on the cord or pull the cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not run the appliance over the cord.
12. Do not attempt to pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes with the Powerbrush.
13. Do not put any objects into openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
14. Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
15. Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
16. Do not leave the appliance unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use.
17. Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
ASSEMBLY OF THE POWERBRUSH
1. Assemble the wands by inserting the upper wands into lower wand (as shown in figure 1) so that the spring button of one locks into the hole of the other.
2. Push assembled wands into the Powerbrush socket / neck until it locks in place. The wand socket is designed with a positive stop. Therefore, the wand will not jam in the wand socket.
3. Insert the electrical plug into the plug holder located on the back of the upper wand and snap into place.
4. Push the electrical cord into the cord channels located on the back of the socket and the lower wand.
When using the Powerbrush, the basic precautions outlined under "IMPORTANT SAFETY INTRUCTIONS" should always be followed.
1. Make sure the hose handle switch is in the OFF position.
2. Insert hose end into the Powerbrush wands on the assembled Powerbrush. For proper connection, ensure the spring button lock pops out (Figure 2).
3. Insert the hose into a wall vacuum valve (faceplate), and plug the cord into electrical outlet (as shown in Figure 3).
4. You may secure the Powerbrush by depressing neck release pedal. Lower the wands from the upright position. Switch hose to the ON position.
Helpful Hint: To prevent possible damage to the Powerbrush, do not pick up hard or sharp objects.
CARE AND CLEANING
WARNING: Always switch off the powerhead and disconnect plug from electrical outlet and disconnect hose before servicing the Powerbrush.
The Powerbrush can be wiped with a cloth dampened with warm water and a mild detergent.
1. Do not use abrasive substance
2. Do not use any solvents.
3. Do not immerse in water or allow water to enter in to Powerbrush.
Brush Roller Cleaning
For top vacuuming performance, it is recommended that the brush roller and the brush roller compartment be cleaned on an occasional basis.
1. To remove fibers or hair entangled around the brush roller, cut parallel to brush roller
2. You may further clean the brush compartments with your central vacuum system.
The brush roll turns to sweep and comb the carpet. Keep the brush roll free from hair and threads so it will continue cleaning. When the bristles of the brush roll no longer touch a piece of cardboard held across the bottom plate, the brush roll is ineffective because the bristles no longer touch the carpet nap. To maintain the most effective cleaning, install a new brush roll.
Brush Roll Belt and Light Bulb
The brush roll belt on the motorized nozzle drives the brush roll to agitate, sweep and comb the carpet nap. The belt should be checked regularly to be sure that it is in good condition. Replace the belt if it is stretching, cracking or slipping. Cut away any hair or thread wound around the brush roll or belt pulley because the buildup could cause the belt to rotate unevenly.
How to Replace Belt or Light Bulb
1. Remove six screws from bottom side. Turn unit over; pull up on hood to remove.
Replace light bulb if necessary.
Continue to step 2 to change belt. Skip to step to place hood.
2. Lift out brush roll and discard used belt.
3. Put new belt ZAS098-BT around brush roll pulley first; then the pulley.
4. Place left end cap into base.
5. Pull right end of brush roll to stretch belt. Secure right end cap into base.
6. Rotate brush roll to seat belt.
7. Position hood; secure with screws.